Serb National Council in Croatia
Српскo нaрoднo виjeћe
Gajeva 7 • HR-10 000 Zagreb
The Serb National Council (SNV), national co-ordination of Serb national minority councils, is democratically elected political, consulting and coordinating body acting as self government of Serbs in the Republic of Croatia concerning the issues of their human, civil and national rights, as well the issues of their identity, participation and integration in the Croatian society.
The Serbian National Council was founded by virtue of the Erdut Agreement and The letter of the Government of the Republic of Croatia on the completion of the peaceful reintegration of the areas under the transitory government which guarantee local minority self government to Serbs.
The SNC was founded on the basis of the centuries long tradition of Serbian self government, which goes back to the times of first church/public assemblies, via legal and political acts regulating the position of Serbs in Croatia during the 18th and 19th centuries, to the documents of the State Antifascist Council.
The founding assembly meeting of the Council was held in 1997 in Zagreb at the incentive of the Alliance of Serbian Organizations and its members: Serb Cultural Association Prosvjeta, Serbian Democratic Forum, Community of Serbs from Rijeka and Istria as well as the Joint Council of Municipalities (ZVO).
Apart from the founding initiators, founding members were also Independent Democratic Serb Party (SDSS), Baranja Democratic Forum, Association of Serbian Refugees and Expellees from Croatia, representatives of some church parishes of the Serbian Orthodox Church, Members of Parliament of Serbian ethnicity and respectable individuals.
Following the adoption of the Constitutional Act on the Rights of National Minorities in 2002, the organizational structure of ethnic minorities’ councils was changed as well. Members of councils are elected by secret ballot, in elections organized by State (so far, four rounds have been held - in 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015) in all local self government units, where the Serb population exceeds the threshold of 1,5 percent. At the municipality level, the council is elected if there are at least 200 members of the Serb community living there. At the county level this number amounts to 500. In a case when there are at least 100 members, a council's representative is elected.
The SNC network consists of 94 councils with the total of 1581 councilors. SNC is a member of FUEN since 2000.
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Slawischer MinderheitenAGSM Working Group
- Skupnost koroških Slovencev in Slovenk SKSCommunity of the Carinthian Slovenes
- Hrvatski centar za kulturu, obrazovanje i politikuCroatian center for culture, education and politics
- Hrvatsko kulturno društvo u Gradišću HKDCroatian Cultural Association
- Narodni svet koroških Slovencev NSKSNational Council of Carinthian Slovenes
- Македонско Друштво "Илинден" TиранаMacedonian Association "Ilinden" - Tirana
- Zajednica Crnogoraca u Albaniji “ZCGA” - ElbasanMONTENEGRIN COMMUNITY IN ALBANIA “ZCGA” - ELBASAN
- ЕВРОПЕЙСКИ ИНСТИТУТ - ПОМАКEuropean Institute - Pomak
- Kongres Polakow w Republice CzeskijeThe Congress of Poles in the Czech Republic
- Związek Polaków w NiemczechAssociation of Poles in Germany
- DOMOWINA - Zwjazk Łužiskich Serbow z. t./Zwězk Łužyskich Serbow z. t.DOMOWINA – Association of Lusatian Sorbs
- Згуртаванне беларусаў ЭстонііAssociation of Belarusians in Estonia
- Eestimaa Rahvuste ÜhendusEstonian Union of National Minorities
- Некоммерческое объединение “Русская школа Эстонии”NGO Russian School of Estonia
- Союз Славянских просветительных и благотворительных обществUnion of Russian Educational and Charitable Societies in Estonia
- Македонско Движење за Унапредување на Мајчиниот Јазик ‘Крсте Мисирков’MACEDONIAN MOVEMENT TO PROMOTE MOTHER LANGUAGE “KRSTE MISIRKOV”
- ΠΑΝΧΕΛΕΝΙΤΣΕΣΚΙ ΠΟΜΑΤΣΚΙ ΣΕΓΙΟΥΣPanhellenic Pomak Association
- Виножито: ПОЛИТИЧКА ПАРТИЈА НА МАКЕДОНСКОТО МАЛЦИНСТВО ВО ГРЦИЈАRainbow: Organisation of the Macedonian minority in Greece
- Celoštátna slovenská samospráva v MaďarskuAssociation of Slovaks in Hungary
- Вседержавноє Русинськоє Самосправованя - Országos Ruszin ÖnkormányzatNATIONAL SELF-GOVERNMENT OF RUSYNS IN HUNGARY
- Koordinace rad a představitelů české národnostní menšiny v Republice HorvatskoCoordination Council and representatives of the Czech minority in Croatia
- Српскo нaрoднo виjeћeSerb National Council in Croatia
- SSO –Svet Slovenskih Organizacij Confederation of Slovene Organisations
- Fondazione "Agostina Piccoli"Foundation "Agostina Piccoli"
- Slovenska kulturno-gospodarska zveza SKGZSLOVENIAN CULTURAL AND ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION
- Slovenska Skupnost SSkUnion of the Slovenes in Italy
- Kaszëbskò Pòmòrsczé ZrzeszeniéAssociation of Kashubians in Poland
- Об'єднання лемків - Zjednoczenie ŁemkówAssociation of Lemkos in Poland
- Demokratický zväz Slovákov a Čechov v RumunskuDemocratic Union of Slovaks and Czechs in Romania
- Demokratski Savez Hrvata u VojvodiniDemocratic Alliance of Croats in Vojvodina
- Český spolek na SlovenskuCzech Association in Slovakia
- Громадська організація «Асамблея Національностей України»Public Organization «Assembly of Nationalities of Ukraine»
- ОБЩЕСТВО КАРПАТСКИХ РУСИНОВ, УКРАИНАSociety of the Carpatho-Rusyns in Ukraine